Currently, Minitex works with Solinet to place orders and renewals for LexisNexis products. As of today, Solinet has not released any information about how 2011 orders and renewals will be handled. Customer support will remain the same for now: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-897-3419; additionally, libraries can contact Minitex CPERS. Minitex will continue to handle invoicing for all orders and renewals. We will post more information as we receive it.
LexisNexis emailed customers the following announcement:
To sharpen our focus on our core news, business, and legal research products, we at LexisNexis Academic & Library Solutions decided to divest several specialized research products, primarily covering government documents and historical collections. As a result, on November 30, 2010, the ProQuest company purchased print and microform publications bearing the Congressional Information Service (CIS) and University Publications of America (UPA) imprints, as well as related online products from Reed Elsevier, the parent company of LexisNexis.
LexisNexis will continue to serve academic institutions and public libraries with our LexisNexis Academic, Scholastic, and Library Express online database solutions, and we will continue to support the administrative functions of academic institutions and public libraries with our professional research solutions.
Enclosed are frequently asked questions that we anticipate our customers may have regarding this sale. While we have attempted to anticipate all of the questions our customers may have, there will no doubt be a few that we have missed. If you would like any further information or have any additional questions, please call 1-800-227-9597 x57645 to be connected to your Account Manager. In addition, you can review the list of Account Managers for each state on our wiki at http://wiki.lexisnexis.com/academic/index.php?title=Academic.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AROUND SALE OF CIS AND UPA PRODUCT LINES FROM LEXISNEXIS TO PROQUEST
Which products has LexisNexis sold to ProQuest?
LexisNexis has sold the following products to ProQuest:
- All CIS microform and print collections, including CIS Index, SRI, and IIS
- All UPA microform and print collections
- LexisNexis Congressional online database, including Statutes at Large, Congressional Hearings Digital Collection, Congressional Record Permanent Digital Collection, Congressional Research Digital Collection, US Serial Set Digital Collection, and US Serial Set Maps Collection
- LexisNexis Statistical Insight online database, including Statistical DataSets
- LexisNexis Government Periodical Index online database
- LexisNexis Primary Sources in US History online database