Now containing over 350,000 entries and definitions, Oxford Dictionaries Online (ODO) added new words and senses, making ODO the the most up-to-date and innovative modern English dictionary and language service available.
What New Words Made This Update?
- Babycino - a drink of hot milk that has been frothed up with pressurized steam, intended for children
- Clickjacking - the malicious practice of manipulating a website user's activity by concealing hyperlinks beneath legitimate clickable content, thereby causing the user to perform actions of which they are unaware
- Cloud - new sense - a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet and used to store, manage, and process data in place of local servers or personal computers
- Fuel poverty - the condition of being unable to afford to keep one's home
- Light-bulb moment - a moment of sudden realization, enlightenment, or inspiration
- Rumor mill - used to refer to the process by which rumours and gossip are originated and circulated among a group of people
- TBH - to be honest (abbreviation)
- Trackpad - another term for TOUCHPAD
To view the full list of new words, click here.