Alexander Street Press has launched Nursing Education in Video.
Alexander Street Press has partnered with Medcom-Trainex, one of the largest providers of nursing education video programs worldwide, to produce this highly anticipated collection. The collection includes 260 videos at launch and will grow to 300 titles.
Nursing Education in Video gives faculty and students 24-7 access to Medcom's library of training programs in streaming video, combined with the search power and advanced functionality that Alexander Street's video collections are known for. Already widely used in nursing courses and hospitals, Medcom videos have won more than 50 major awards for excellence, including the prestigious Emmy award. As a single, cross-searchable collection, Nursing Education in Video covers the fundamentals of nurse training as well as advanced topics.
Subject areas and sample titles include:
- Anatomy and Physiology: The Nervous System; The Muscular System; The Reproductive System
- Basic Clinical Skills: Admission and Discharge; The Charting Process; Measuring Vital Signs; Administering Medications; Lifting and Moving the Patient
- Cardiology: EKG Interpretation and Response; Advanced Cardiac Monitoring; CPR: New Guidelines for Healthcare
- Communications: Nurse-Patient Relationships; Cultural Awareness in Healthcare; The Challenge of Healthcare Literacy
- Gerontology: A Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment; Gerontology: Meeting Mental Health Needs; Recognizing Elder Abuse
- Infection Control: Standards for Infection Control; Pandemic Influenza; Aseptic Nursing Technique in the OR
- Legal Aspects of Nursing: Nursing Negligence: Protect Yourself, Protect Your Patients; Medication Errors; HIPAA for Healthcare Workers: The Privacy Rule
- Long Term Care: Resident Assessment: Physical Functioning; Meeting the Diabetes Challenge; Fall Prevention
- Medication Administration: Parenteral Medication Administration; Heart Medications; Moderate or Procedural Sedation; Case Studies in Medication Error Prevention
- Nursing Assistant Skills: Transfer and Ambulation; Recognizing Abnormal Signs and Symptoms; Techniques in Bathing
- Obstetrical Nursing: Labor and Delivery; Electronic Fetal Monitoring; Assisted Delivery and Cesarean Section; Pain Control
- Pediatrics: Medicating Children; Physical Assessment of a Child; Recognizing Child Abuse
- Surgical Care: Surgical Wound Care; Closed Suction Wound Drainage, Wound Irrigation, and Specimen Collection
- Wound Care: Phases of Healing and Types of Wounds; Normal and Impaired Healing; Pressure Ulcers