Gale teams up with Serial Solutions to deliver your Periodical MARC records.
Serials Solutions is expert at getting users to the information they seek and handling the unique complexity of periodical records. Thanks to their experience and capabilities, this transition will be smooth for you and your users.
MARC records for Gale's periodical resources are available only through our administrative site, Gale Admin. Log in now to set up a one-time delivery or to establish a monthly delivery. Here's how:
- Log in to your Gale Admin account.
- Click on "View/Edit" next to the location ID you need records for.
- Click on the "Discover Services" tab on the left-hand sidebar.
- Click on "Request MARC records."
- Choose your delivery options and click "Submit."
- You will receive an email confirmation and a link to your MARC records when they are ready for download. Recurring reports, if requested, will be generated automatically.
New benefits for you
Here are the new features that will enhance your bibliographic records:
- Gale periodical MARC records are now based on Library of Congress CONSER records, allowing you to easily integrate your periodical records with the records for other content.
- You can now receive ASCII reports for Gale full-text periodical titles or abstract-and-index-only titles.
- You can also receive a full set of MARC records for all full-text periodical titles or just the updates from the past month.
We invite you to visit the Gale Admin site today to customize settings, review usage statistics, and download widgets and other usage-improving tools--in addition to ordering MARC records.
This new process applies only to your periodical resources. Your MARC records for other resources are not affected.