Alexander Street has just launched three new streaming video collections:
New World Cinema
Nearly two hundred full-length feature films and fifty shorts were hand-selected to comprise New World Cinema. The films, all of which appeared at major film festivals, have collectively won more than one thousand awards and come from leading industry distributors like Kino Lorber, First Run Features, and Film Movement.
- Each film includes link to IMDB
- Tools to identify and annotate sections of the films, making it easy for faculty to use the material for instruction and assignments
- Strong cross-disciplinary appeal beyond film studies courses, such as sociology, linguistics, history, anthropology, literature, and other disciplines
- Broad in scope with coverage of International titles from more than 60 countries with 40 different languages represented
Silent Film Online
Silent Film Online brings together films which together represent the basis of modern cinematic technique and film theory. The collection covers features, serials, and shorts from the 1890s to the 1930s.
- Includes short- and long-form films from France, Germany, Italy, Russia, the U.K., the U.S., and more
- Major film makers include Fritz Lang, Sergei Eisenstein, D.W. Griffith, Ernst Lubitsch, Erich Von Stroheim, F.W. Murnau, Buster Keaton, Luis Bunuel, Cecil B. DeMille, Carl Dreyer, and Leo McCarey
- Major Titles include: The General, Metropolis, The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari, Battleship Potemkin, The Great Train Robbery, L'Age D'Or, Way Down East, Foolish Wives, The Mark of Zorro, The Golem, Intolerance, The Navigator, Tempest, The Great Gabbo, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Steamboat Bill, Jr.
Sports Medicine and Exercise Science in Video
Designed for use in both graduate and undergraduate settings, Sports Medicine and Exercise Science in Video is an essential resource for a variety of programs, including athletic training, health promotion, physical education, kinesiology/human movement, exercise physiology,nutritional science, sports medicine, sports science, and physical therapy.
- This first release includes 219 titles (268 hours of video) focused on the movement, performance, and recovery of the human body. All of the titles have been selected from the extensive catalogue of Healthy Learning, the world's leading producer of sports medicine videos.
- At completion, the collection will include more than 650 titles, totaling 750 hours of content.
- Each of title has extensive chapter-level indexing, allowing users to find the specific topics and content of interest.
- The collection is made up of demonstrations and lectures/presentations.
For trials or pricing, please contact Susan Buczkowski.