New Interface for InfoTrac and PowerSearch
A new interface for all InfoTrac databases and PowerSearch is coming. After thousands of interviews and the feedback of more than 70,000 locations using PowerSearch, Gale is ready to make a change.
Right now, they offer this quick Flash tour. It just shows some preliminary screens. They will reveal the new screens to you and all the new features in the next couple of days.
- The release will not be automatic, so that they don't interrupt your year with a new interface.
- You can migrate at your own leisure starting early this Fall.
- They will also be launching a support site with all the documentation and training you need.
Here are some of the new features you can expect...
- A new Homepage that allows users to browse key content, customizable by you or the user
- Users can create their own accounts and manage marked items, alerts, preferences
- Results lists that bring multimedia to the forefront
- Enhanced Publication browsing, with cover images for periodicals and eBooks
- An enhanced Subject Guide, with the ability to filter subject terms by numerous facets