Text-to-speech Added to EBSCO Points of View Reference Center
We are pleased to announce that Points of View Reference Center and Canadian Points of View Reference Center subscriptions now include the Text-to-speech (TTS) feature. Audio/Text-to-speech support enables users to highlight and listen to text, and this feature also includes the following functional upgrades:
- The Text-to-speech feature has moved from the lower left to the upper right of the screen, and its toolbar will be available above the full text of articles, as well as on the search pages
- There are three different accents available: American, British and Australian
- There are also three different speeds to choose from: Slow, Medium and Fast
- The TTS toolbar is collapsible to a small icon
- The TTS toolbar follows the text so that it is not left at the top of the screen as a researcher uses "Page Down," or the vertical browser slider to read content that is below the fold
For more information about this new feature, check out this FAQ: http://support.epnet.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=4814.
Please visit EBSCO's Support Site to learn about all of EBSCO's products, search among thousands of FAQs, or download Flash tutorials, Help Sheets or User Guides, or communicate with Technical Support at any time, using the EBSCO Online Support Form.
Please note: This feature appears to work best in Internet Explorer.