Preview eBooks on EBSCOhost Today
We have exciting news: you now have access to a preview of the integration of eBooks on EBSCOhost, providing eBooks and EBSCO databases from a single source - EBSCOhost, the most-used interface in libraries worldwide.
As a subscriber of EBSCOhost and the newly-named eBooks on EBSCOhost (formerly NetLibrary), you can link to the preview of eBooks on EBSCOhost in either of the following ways:
- To view your own collection in the preview, use this URL: http://ebookpreview.ebscohost.com/webauth/login.aspx?profile=ehost&defaultdb=nlbctst
- To access a generic eBooks collection, go to the New Features area on EBSCOhost.
These key features of eBooks on EBSCOhost will enable you to:
- View the Table of Contents directly from the Result List and Detail Record
- Browse by subject, genre, etc.
- Enjoy the rich Result List with evaluative data
- Use the "search-within functionality" to search for specific terms within a book (a search will yield a list of hyperlinked pages)
- Examine documents more closely using the enhanced viewer
- Choose your checkout time when downloading eBooks, from a drop-down list with options such as one day, two days, etc. (if enabled by the library administrator)
- Libraries that have downloads enabled can view downloaded, checked-out books in the folder, including the amount of time left on active check-outs
- Libraries that have holds enabled can place holds on books that are in use by other patrons and will receive an email notification when it becomes available.
- Create and print your notes while viewing and reading eBooks, and save them for reference in your my EBSCOhost folder.
- Note: All pages being printed or emailed will include the EBSCOhost watermark, copyright information, and citation information, and can be printed by chapter or section.
We hope that you enjoy this opportunity to become familiar with eBooks on EBSCOhost. You will be notified once the final integration has been completed and in the meantime, we encourage you to provide your feedback on eBooks on EBSCOhost by taking our survey http://support.epnet.com/contact/surveys/index.php?sid=55897&lang=en .
Some notes about the use of this preview:
- Changes to your collection will not be reflected within the preview environment and usage will not be tracked during the preview period.
- My EBSCOhost folder users must create a new and unique account for preview period use only. Information stored, including username, password and eBook information, will be deleted once the preview ends, or in about three months.
- Activity in this preview environment will not impact/affect your current live NetLibrary account, e.g., checkouts in the preview environment will not count as checkouts in the live NetLibrary environment.
Please visit EBSCO's Support Site (http://support.epnet.com) to sign up for free, online training on how to get the most from your eBooks on EBSCOhost preview, and to learn about all of EBSCO's products. Don't miss the special eBooks Preview section of the NetLibrary Support Center, available here: http://support.ebsco.com/netlibrary/eBook_preview.php. You may also communicate with Technical Support at any time, using the EBSCO Online Support Form.