« Site Visits | Main | Podcasting Webinars »

State-Wide Digital Reference Services

Caleb Tucker-Raymond who runs the state-wide digital reference program for Oregon put together this awesome map of the US highlighting which states have a digital reference program in place and by what vendor. Since he put this together a few weeks ago Pennsylvania has announced a state-wide digital reference service using QuestionPoint. So even though it became out-of-date 10 seconds after it was posted it still is a great way to see what is happening out there with digital reference.

Which makes me ponder... What is happening in Minnesota as far as digital reference? No, we do not have a state-wide service, but what libraries in the state currently have a digital reference service program in place? Be it email reference, chat reference, IM, or all of the above? I want to pull together this information to get a better picture of what is happening around us. This is something I'll be working on in the next few weeks. I'll let you know what I find out!