« Minnesota Population Center | Main | Del.icio.us »

An Inconvenient Truth

A documentary not only worth seeing but also a must have for your collections!

truth.jpg

An Inconvenient Truth (2006)
with Al Gore, directed by Davis Guggenheim

From IMDB:
A documentary on Al Gore's campaign to make the issue of global warming a recognized problem worldwide.

Reviews:
"In 39 years, I have never written these words in a movie review, but here they are: You owe it to yourself to see this film. If you do not, and you have grandchildren, you should explain to them why you decided not to." - Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

"In the movie he is merely excellent. But in person...he presents a combination of intellectual force, emotional vibrancy and moral urgency that has hardly been seen in American public life in recent years." - David Denby, The New Yorker

"one of the most important films ever." - Larry King

"[Al Gore] he is not only forcing us to confront the problem, he is also looking for realistic solutions ... [Gore] firmly believes that environmental responsibility and economic prosperity are not mutually exclusive." - Amanda Gefter, New Scientist

"I was skeptical that Al Gore was really going to change how I thought about global warming. I was wrong. I now believe that An Inconvenient Truth is the most important film that anyone will see this year. We have become accustomed to hearing about global warming in a muted, disconnected way ... but at last someone has marshalled all the fragments of information and woven it into a single, breathtaking whole. ... we can only comprehend global warming if we take the widest possible view, and we can't access that viewpoint while wearing party-political blinders."
- Dave Hoskin, Metro