« Bill DeJohn Receives U of MN President's Award | Main | Wild Music - Experience the Sounds & Songs of Life »

MNSCU Librarians Day

MINITEX was invited to participate in the session “Creating Online Information/Library Tutorials: Finding Best Practices” at MNSCU Librarians Day on May 1 at North Hennepin Community College. Sara Ring and Carla Steinberg Pfahl contributed to the presentation. Through examples of Articulate Presenter and Camtasia I illustrated some best practices and how MINITEX distinguishes tutorials from archived webinars. The handouts included a sheet of Recommendations for settings within Camtasia, along with a comparison of various tutorial products. I presented after a gentleman from the company Lode Star, which MNSCU will have a license to use to create tutorials- again Lode Star, like Camtasia, etc. does all the coding for you, so you just plug in your content and away you go. After my presentation Tom Eland from Minneapolis Community and Technical College discussed their direction and goals for tutorials in the distance learning arena and also to supplement in class instruction. The session brought up much discussion of best practices- hopefully this topic will be discussed further at MNSCU and statewide events.