« Video streaming and checkout available for College of DuPage previous teleconferences | Main | NEW June 1 Teleconference Licensed by MINITEX »

Web-Based Instant Messangers Reviewed

Robin Good of masternewmedia.org has put together this excellent and comprehensive Web-Based Instant Messangers: A Mini-Guide review of the top 12 clients available. In the review Good and his team give us a Comparison Chart the looks at presence awareness, supported IM networks, file sending, chat conferencing, history (text chat recording), personalized avatar, secure / encrypted communication, VoIP audio support, and video support functionality.

For a while now, I have been reading the reviews and write ups Robin Good gives about online communication and collaboration tools. The information he provides is invaluable and has led me to many new discoveries of fantastic tools that can be easily applied to libraries and services. Now you know one of my many resource jems that I use to hunt down information in this field!