« Facebook application now available at WorldCat.org | Main | Pew Report- Internet Searches that Solve Problems »

Librarian Perceptions on Automation

An interesting new study from LibraryTechnology.org - Perceptions 2007: an International Survey of Library Automation talks about "major differences in satisfaction in the products and companies from which libraries acquire their automation systems". This should be of great interest to any librarin to works with or is part of the decision process for purchasing products and dealing with vendors. I have my own perceptions and in my own circles of librarian talk about using products, dealing with vendors, and the effects of these products. So many times the librarians I have talked to and I come to the conclusion we wished we could combine the best qualities of certain products/software to have the one perfect product/software instead of the give/take relationship we continually have to play. It's great to see reactions and perceptions from other librarians and what we could possibly use/take from the survey is also an interesting thing to think about.