The Semantic Web - more than a fancy term
Tom Zillner, Research Coordinator, at Wisconsin Library Services wrote a wonderful summary on the semantic web and its importance for library staff and our patrons.
Zillner states, Takeaways From This Article
• The potential of the semantic web will soon translate into reality.
• Yahoo! Search’s adoption of semantic web searching will provide a richer return of information to its users.
• RDF (Resource Description Framework) is a format for representing semantic information.
• Microformats can also represent semantics.
• Watch for other search engines to weigh in with their own version of semantic search.
You can read the full article at: http://www.wils.wisc.edu/technotes/semanticWeb.pdf