« What Keeps You Up At Night? | Main | BlogTalkRadio »

NetLibrary Webinar

New webinar about NetLibrary from OCLC:
The "Using eBooks" session is a free, 60-minute web-based session for an overview and demonstration of NetLibrary and how users can get the most from your library's eBook collection. Topics will include: getting started, creating end-user accounts, searching for titles, copying and pasting text, printing pages, adding notes, saving titles to a favorites list, plus other features and functions. The session will also review the essential resources available to help your users access NetLibrary eBooks with ease.

Registration is available here: http://www.oclc.org/support/training/netlibrary/successlive/default.htm

Personally, I love using NetLibrary. I think it's an untapped gold mine not only of resources by of organizing books and the content in books for leisure and research. People are always amazed at the capabilities within NetLibrary whenever I talk about it in webinars. Now get the info straight from the source.

I have thought of a couple of updates I would like to see integrated into NetLibrary to make them more appealling to the general population: 1. When saving a book to your personal account have an amazon.com-like feature of "...other people who have saved this book also saved these books..." and 2. Allow us to contribute and share content kind of like LibraryThing or looking at a way to connect it to outside content such as author info like Open Library.