New Webinar Produced by MLA's Public Library Division
The WebJunction Minnesota Team (State Library Services, Metronet, & Minitex) is pleased to sponsor and announce the following upcoming webinar produced by the Public Library Division of the Minnesota Library Association.
Please register today!
To get more information and to register go to http://minitex.umn.edu/events/training/webinars.asp#228
Minnesota Public Library Budget Shortfalls: A Conversation
Monday, June 08, 2009 - 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM (Central Time)
The Public Library Division (PLD) of the Minnesota Library Association is excited to announce their first statewide webinar, "Minnesota Public Library Budget Shortfalls: A Conversation."
There are many in the Minnesota public library community who are struggling with budget shortfalls during these challenging economic times. PLD has invited library directors from various types of public libraries -- large and small, from the metropolitan area and from greater Minnesota to share their ideas.
Featured guest speakers are:
- Audrey Betcher, Rochester Public Library
- Pat Conley, Washington County Library
- Jennifer Jepsen, Martin County Library
- Mary Lukkarila, Cloquet Public Library
- Marian Ridge, Kitchigami Regional Library
- Kim Edson, Chair of PLD to moderate
Each presenter will be addressing the following three questions:
1) What is your organization doing to address shrinking budgets - especially at a time when library use is growing?
2) How have you developed strategic priorities for using the available funding - what to keep/strengthen, what do you let go?
3) Political Capital - How do/did you develop it, when do you spend it? (i.e., How have you established your library's value to the community at a time when there is fierce competition for funding from all of your sources?)
MLA's Public Library Division believes this webinar is just the start to an ongoing conversation and a way for our library community to share its collective wisdom. PLD has created an online group to continue and expand the conversation via WebJunction Minnesota at: http://mn.webjunction.org/738. Please join the group, participate, and share with your Minnesota public library community. [To join the group be sure that you have created an account with WebJunction Minnesota and have affiliated with Minnesota].
Who should attend?: Anyone interested in hearing from a panel of Minnesota public library directors and participating in a statewide conversation about public library budget shortfalls.
Sponsors: The Public Library Division of the Minnesota Library Association and the WebJunction Minnesota Team (State Library Services, Metronet, & Minitex).
Questions? Please contact:
Kimberly Edson, Head of Readers Services, Rochester Public Library
Ann Walker Smalley, Metronet
Deanna Sylte, Metronet
Mary Ann Van Cura, State Library Services
Jennifer Hootman, Minitex