If our link on the ELM portal is any indication, it looks like the enhancements mentioned below as impending are now live. Peruse the bullet points and then kick the tires of Academic Search Premier to see the enhancements yourself.
Announcement from EBSCO:
As promised, this message signifies that the impending release of new EBSCOhost features and functionality, (announced in June) is about to be implemented. We expect that you will see the updates over the course of Thursday and Friday this week. The following information summarizes the most significant changes on EBSCOhost:
- The limiter and the date slider column will move from the right to the left of the Result List, a more intuitive position that consolidates the ways users can refine and work with their results in one area. For a look at the updated Result List, you can copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://support.epnet.com/uploads/CustSupport/Images/communication_images/resultlist1.gif.
- Detailed record pages will be more streamlined, and links to full text, your link resolvers, ILL, etc. will be more prominently displayed on the left.
- Users will be able to select multiple clusters and source types when managing results.
- There will be an enhanced PDF Viewer, Content Viewer, HTML Full Text, etc.
- A "breadbox" will show users which limiters, expanders and source types have already been selected, and enable easy removal of these refinements.
- The Hierarchical Subject Authority File in certain databases will be adjusted to align with the style already in use in our academic databases (screen shots included in this Top Story).
- Simpler overall interface elements will increase the intuitiveness of the user experience.
For more information on these and other features, visit http://support.ebsco.com.