Social Networking

Okay, I finished social networking...I see now (did not realize it before) how with social networking on line the "degrees of separation" are shortened. If you need to find someone that knew someone lets say in a certain industry you could put the work out and probably have a contact by the end of the day. Personally, I do not like the idea of putting myself out there to anyone, I mean how do you know who to accept as friends or not?

I signed up to LinkedIn (this seems more insulated than facebook or myspace) I had a hard time finding 5 people from my years at UMD (I was not very social, I was always at the library :) ). And again, I felt uncomfortable contacting them...maybe I am just shy!

Podcasts

OKay, I devoted most of my day to learning more about podcasts, more about feeds and trying to make sense of it all. I found a podcast of a show I love to listen to on the radio while driving...I am only lucky enough to actually be in my car the same time as the radio show about 3 times a year. The show is called "This American Life", I am sure you have heard it or at least of it, great stuff. However, listening it to it while sitting in my house is not easy nor enjoyable. I need the solitude of my car to enjoy it. Anyway, I briefly toyed with the idea of creating my own podcast and decided the laundry was a higher priority! With that said, off to do more folding...

FlickR

Wow, I have spent some time looking through the Flickr site. I searched "Hibbing" then "Iron Range". Many, many pictures of my ol' stomping grounds! I moved to "the cities" (as the people up north refer to the twin cities) about four years ago. I miss my family, friends, pine trees and the sandy beach at the lake. In contrast I love the farms, feilds, barns and animals I see daily on my drive to work, everyday I am in awe.
Well I think I am going to take a break from my Extension 2.0 for now but plan to come back to it later this weekend - I need to get caught up!! Thank you Amy for the great course.

New Feeds

Well, I have subscribed to several "feeds"...not sure where they are!! Are they on my blog or are they on my computer? (I kinda feel like I am talking to myself) I am sure I will find them once I look for them.
Catch you later...

First Time Blogger

This is my first experience blogging. I am not sure I would have time to keep up a blog, but I am excited to learn something new!

TTFN