Hippopotamus Hamburger

As an April Fool's joke, the British Library posted this story about the finding of a rare unicorn cook book. I have yet to find instructions for cooking mythical creatures in the Kirschner Collection (which is not to say that they don't exist), but we do have the Hippo Cook Book:
hippocover.jpg
This book, published in 1969, is full of recipes from San Francisco's Hippopotomus Hamburger Restaurant. As you can see from the menu, this place was serious about creative hamburgers -- you'll find such recipes as The Cannibalburger (aka Steak Tartare), The Kyotoburger, and The Bourbonburger in the book. Also, nearly every page is accompanied by a cute, clever illustration from artist Wolo von Trutzschler, the restaurant's signature artist. Here is Wolo's take on The Stanfordburger:
hipposcholar.jpg

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!