New Titles in the Kirschner Collection

One of Mrs. Kirschner's wishes for her collection at the University of Minnesota was that it continue to grow. Through generous donations from her family, we are able to add several titles to the collection each year including the James Beard Award winners. Here is a photo of four titles that just arrived. All received Beard awards in May, 2012.

newcookbooks2012.jpg
Clockwise from the top left we've got All About Roasting: A New Approach to a Classic Art by Molly Stevens, Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home by Jeni Britton Bauer, A New Turn in the South: Southern Flavors Reinvented for Your Kitchen by Hugh Acheson, and Super Natural Every Day: Well-Loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen by Heidi Swanson.

I just discovered your blog - what a wonderful collection of cookbooks! I'm planning on coming to see the collection on Friday.

It is a great collection. If I'm around when you visit, I'd be happy to give you a quick tour. Just knock on my door (near the collection) or ask for me at the circulation desk. Bring a flash drive if you want to scan any recipes to take home with you.

"All About Roasting" looks the best, just from looking at the bookbinding I want to eat some stack.