First Fridays Talk, Dec. 7th

The University Libraries' Archives & Special Collections have asked me to come give a talk about the Kirschner Collection. It's free and happening this week (along with another talk about the Immigration History Research Center.) I'll be giving an introduction to the Kirschner Collection, and talking about some of the stories cookbooks can tell us. Here are the details:

What's the Big Idea? First Fridays, December 2012

What: Two presentations

1. "From the Old 'New' Immigrants to the New 'New' Immigrants: Fifty Years of Collecting Immigrant Stories," presented by the Immigration History Research Center.

2. "Thousands of Cookbooks: Research, History, and Feeding a Family," presented by the Kirschner Cookbook Collection.

When: Friday, Dec. 7, 2012, Noon to 1 p.m.

Where: Elmer L. Andersen Library, 222 21st Ave. S.

Feel free to bring your lunch. Light refreshments will be served. Free and open to the public.

Parking information

"What's the Big Idea, First Fridays," is a series of intellectually stimulating talks at Elmer L. Andersen Library. Each month's presentation is based on materials in the University of Minnesota Libraries' Archives and Special Collections.

You gave a great talk about the Kirchner collection. I'm glad you pointed out the blog. I look forward to seeing more interesting excerpts from the cookbooks.