National Bundt Cake Day

Grasshopper Cake
Today, November 15th, is National Bundt Cake Day. While I'm nowhere near as dedicated to this holiday as The Food Librarian who has been posting 30 Days of Bundt Cakes (AKA I Like Big Bundts) every year since 2009, I thought I'd share a recipe and some photos since the Bundt pan hails from right here in Minnesota (thanks, NordicWare®!)

Lemon-Cheese Filled Cake
All of these images come from Over 300 Delicious Ways to Use Your Bundt Brand Fluted Tube Pans (1973). Which was later reprinted under the (much briefer) title Bundt® Cookbook.
If you're not big on cakes, these books offer recipes for a variety of foods to make in your fluted tube pan:
Basic Gelatin Salad

If you're still not sure what to make in your bundt pan this year, I highly recommend Gramercy Tavern Gingerbread. I make it every year and it is amazing. It is, in fact, the reason I bought a bundt pan. Or, if you're in more of a chocolate mood, here is a recipe for Chocolate Macaroon Cake:
Chocolate Macaroon Cake
Chocolate Macaroon Cake
From Over 300 Delicious Ways to Use Your Bundt Brand Fluted Tube Pans (1973) by Dorothy Dahlquist

Ingredients
2 cups sifted flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup commercial sour cream
Coconut-Macaroon Filling:
Reserved egg white
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup grated coconut
1 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Filling: In small bowl, beat egg white at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. By hand, stir in coconut, flour and vanilla; blend well. Set this mixture aside.
Cake: In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour batter into greased and floured 12-cup Bundt Pan. Drop teaspoonfuls of the coconut filling over the chocolate batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 10-15 minutes in pan; turn out on serving plate or wire rack to complete cooling. Top with Vanilla or Chocolate Glaze.

What is your favorite bundt recipe?

Follow Me on Pinterest