The internship role for the Al Franken for Senate 2014 campaign requires individuals who are professional, articulate, and responsible with an interest in campaign and political work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with intake of campaign requests;
• Help with processing and entering of contributions;
• Assisting staff with field work and organizing campaign events and various activities around Minnesota;
• Assisting finance staff in fundraising events and efforts;
• Attending campaign events and/or caucus events with staff;
• Researching various organizations and events across Minnesota;
• Assisting Political Director in planning events;
• Assisting in weekly compliance and finance reports;
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Ability to multitask independently and demonstrate sound judgment
• Ability to work and contribute in a highly collaborative team environment
• Understanding of political and legislative processes
• Organized and quick learner
In addition to assisting in the campaign office, interns will receive unique career development opportunities. Through working with staff, interns will be able to make an informed decision about what areas of campaign work interest them and gain valuable skills that will prepare them to succeed in a political and professional career.
If you are interested in an internship with the Al Franken for Senate 2014 campaign please send the following materials:
• Cover letter indicating weekly availability
• Three references
Send application materials to email@example.com or by mail to Al Franken for Senate 2014, PO Box 583144, Minneapolis, MN, 55458.
If you have any questions concerning the internship program please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 651-222-0064.