University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital has one of the nation’s top 15 pediatric research programs. Partnering with the University’s Medical School and Department of Pediatrics, the hospital has been a part of numerous medical breakthroughs, including:
- The first successful pediatric blood and marrow transplant to treat childhood cancer.
- The first infant heart transplant in Minnesota.
- The first cochlear ear implant surgery for a child.
- The first pediatric kidney biopsy.
- The first blood and marrow transplant to treat a lethal skin disease in children.