The Minnesota Department of Health has begun the 2011 Minnesota e-Health Connectivity Grant Program for Health Information Exchange (HIE) application process.
The HIE Cooperative Agreement Program, known as Minnesota e-Health Connect, is funded by the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) through the HITECH Act to build capacity in all states for exchanging health information across the health care system both within and across states. The cooperative agreement specifically requires states to use their authority, programs and resources to:
- Ensure the development of state level directories and enable technical services for health information exchange
- Convene stakeholders to ensure trust and support for a statewide approach to health information exchange
- Ensure an effective model for health information exchange governance and accountability
- Coordinate an integrated approach with Medicaid and public health
- Develop and update privacy and security requirements for health information exchange
- Remove barriers and create enablers for health information exchange