Youth work is complex; creating and sustaining conditions for young people to develop is not straightforward. A key to quality youth programs lies in how youth workers respond to the difficult, complex situations - or dilemmas - that they face in their work with young people.
In this online class, participants will dig into the sticky challenges and issues of youth work and examine various ways to respond to real-life dilemmas. From April 14-May 14, participants will spend 3-5 hours per week (up to 15 hours total) doing both interactive group activities and individual self-paced learning.
- Explore dilemmas identified by youth workers in a national research study,
- Work with peers to develop strategies for addressing dilemmas in their work that better meet the needs of youth, and
- Increase their confidence and ability to address dilemmas in their work with young people.
Past participants said:
- "This training allowed me to enhance my skills and learn new ways and strategies of dealing with real-life youth dilemmas."
- "This has helped me intentionally reflect on what I do, why I do it, and how it could be better."