- Assist in recruiting activities for Upward Bound participants.
- Administer grade level appropriate self-assessments in the areas of personal/social development and career exploration; review academic progress; establish with each participant an Education/Career Plan (ECP).
- Coordinate, design, implement and participate in all aspects of program activities and services that strengthen participants' development.
- Conduct group workshops and advising sessions on topics relevant to the needs of participants.
- Design strategies and programs to inform and involve participants' parents.
- Collaborate with community agencies and other resources to enhance available services to program participants.
- Provide advocacy to participants related to matriculating into post-secondary education.
- Maintain regular schedule at assigned schools; interact, communicate and network with counselors and other school representatives.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation and records regarding all program participant contacts, activities, progress follow-up and evaluation
Application deadline: May 12
PPL is currently hiring a part-time Youth Program Coordinator for the Family Literacy site in New Hope, as well as a temporary (summer) part-time Youth Program Assistant for the St. Louis Park Self-Sufficiency Program. We will accept resumes through May 8th.
Qualified candidates can view job specifications and apply online at www.ppl-inc.org/who-we-are/work-at-ppl/.
This position provides assistance in a variety of ways, including conducting donor prospect research, writing and editing of grant proposals, invitations, and other materials, creating presentations, and organizing and maintaining development systems for the organization. See full description
Closing date: May 31
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. Parking is free.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line. This position is open until filled.
Breakthrough Saint Paul helps motivated students overcome adversity to prepare for college with the support of older students passionate about education. Breakthrough Saint Paul is an affiliate of the Breakthrough Collaborative, a national non-profit devoted to preparing high-achieving, under-resourced students for entry and success in college. Breakthrough also recruits and trains outstanding high school and college students to become Breakthrough teachers and encourages entry in to the field of education. This position reports to the Executive Director. To learn more about Breakthrough Saint Paul, please visit: www.breakthroughsaintpaul.org.