Mullet Fantasia

That is my new favorite phrase. It's so random and hilarious. To see it in context, Google it. Only 12 days 'till the 21st. I'm excited. I know I won't have a huge ass pubcrawl, but goin' out to a few bars within walking distance of my house will be nice, especially if a few people I know can make it out. I just realized the 5k is in 24 days, and I need to train my fat ass off. Or I just need to run 2 miles tonight at the Rec, then add on incriments slowly until I get up to the 3.2 or so miles that is a 5k. I should go do that soon.

Orinoco Flow

Enya is the devil. Her song "Orinoco Flow" is the most irritatingly soothing song of all time. It doesn't matter what form it takes; Enya, Celtic Women. It is strangely annoying, yet so calming and soothing at the same time. It has both the capacity to make me want to claw my eyes out, yet burn some scented candles and want to relax myself. Today I took a field trip downtown to buy toilet paper (since one of my roomies had a hissy fit about me using their car to drive to The Quarry). Before hitting up Target, I checked out Minneapolis City Hall. The statue of the Father of the Waters is massive. I had forgotten how big it was. I climbed up some storeys in the atrium, though I gave up, since, due to my fear of open heights, I wouldn't be able to look down at the view. It's a pretty building, although Milwaukee City Hall has a bigger spot in my heart.

Burning Down the House

That fire on the front page of the Daily was 3 doors down from mine. Since Sunday, I have been listening to "Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads (&, I will confess, the Tom Jones/Cardigans cover). I love how happenings like this always inspire me to find a related song, whether it's in good taste or not. As bad as burning down the house is, my Speech Science test today was bad. Damn calculating the formants. I had to hold back the expletives. And forgetting to write a Portuguese rough draft; that's no good either. Skipping a Spanish class that you haven't been to in a week; that's not really slick either. Getting yelled at by your boss for calling in sick; not cool. Monday has been a messy day, and only a day off tomorrow, and announcing my quitting of UDS on Wednesday will hopefully make up for the general shittiness. Oh, well, my 21st birthday in 3 weeks makes me happy. And also the thought of eating adobo, my mom's potato salad, and dirt cake at my family birthday party on March 18th (any friends in Milwaukee are invited to partake).