Amy and I visited her brother in Boise, Idaho, over spring break. It was great to see where Brad lives and to meet some of his friends and co-workers at Boise State University. It was also nice to be in the mountains--Minnesota is very flat! Boise reminded me of Boulder, Colorado, but with a more relaxed feel.
I spent some of my break finishing proposals for the American Evaluation Association conference and a survey instrument for the North Star STEM Alliance. Nevertheless, we experienced a lot in just a few days:
- skied Bogus Basin,
- took a dip in the Pine Flats hot springs,
- visited the World Center for Birds of Prey,
- hiked around Camel's Back Park,
- picnicked along the Boise River, and
- watched Gran Torino at the cinema.
I highly recommend a visit to Idaho, if you've never been.Bogus Basin and dining out
Pine Flats hot springs
Harrier falcon and turkey vulture