« Women in Horror | Main | The Office »

A short break

School is starting soon.  When did summer start going by so fast?  I still can't believe I'm already a junior.  I feel like I should still be in about eighth grade.  Not that I want to repeat the past few years, they just seem to have gone by way too fast.

I'll be graduating next year.  That is so weird to think about.  I remember worrying about going to college, now I have to worry about going to grad school and entering life and the real world.  I guess this happens to everyone though, this realization that it's time to grow up.  And maybe it's happening just a little late for me, since I've been on my own for almost three years now.  Soon I'll have to get a real job in my real career with my real education and buy a real house and have a real family.  How weird, they try to prepare you for your whole life, with high school and college, but then when you actually get there, you have no idea what to do.

I like being independent, but at the same time, it's nice to have someone there for you.  And now it's just me, no parents to protect me and tell me what to do.  But I'm glad.  There's no better way to grow up than to be forced into it.  That way there are no excuses, you have to just suck it up and do it.