« Social Design Issue | Main | Mathimatics in Architecture »

The Energy at Mid-Town Market!

Ok, I know that this blog was assigned at the beginning of September but hey, atleast Im making up for it now! LOL!!!!! Well anyways I have been there before and just recently visited again.

The energy at the Midtown Market I believe- to be a very fast paced environment. When I first visited, I was in a state of shock should I say. I never really thought about all the different cultures and ethnic backgrounds that are present in Minnapolis alone. I mean of course I know there are different cultures in Minneapolis, but growing up on the north side of Minneapolis I have never witnessed that much diversity in one place.

The building consists of little shops. It kind of reminds me of the bazaar shops that I have seen in movies and stuff. But in these shops people sell things like hand made jewelery and other little posessions. One of the major things that I noticed when I first got there was the selling, and the intake of all kinds of food. Stuff that I have never even seen or thought of before was being sold in this place. That really facinated me to explore more of the building.

While I was there I noticed how it was also more then just the shops. I think this building houses apartments or condos of some sort, and small businesses.

I noticed how this build was located in a convient place. it seems like any and everyone had access to this build. its on a bus line for the people that do not have cars. Of course people who drive can come. Many people seem like they got there by walking also. I also saw on my way out some bike railings that people were locking there bikes up with to check out this place. (I noticed how many people had baskets hooked on their bikes, probably to store their goods in after they purchase them.)

I never knew that this place even existed. I like visiting places like this. The market reminded me of the International Square Martket located right off of highway 94 by the big spoon with the Cherry on it! (I forget what that park is called sorry!!!!) But in that building it seemed like there were little bazaar shops and they also housed apartments and condoes and other businesses. But in that building it did not seem as much fast paced as the Midtown Market did. But international square market is more of a spot to go where you consult with an agent to refurnish a room or whole office in a business or private home. The Midtown market just reminded me of the International Square market.

I think, this is the best!

[url=][/url]

I think, this is the best!

[url=][/url]