Main | June 2005 »

Feeling Bored..Anybody there ?

Summer's supposed to be the best time to be in Minneapolis with all the greenery and lakes but not with everybody around you leaving. It started with Ravali leaving to India. Krishna and Sujana, the two most loud/active people in the group left yesterday and we started to feel the silence. Sasya left today and Kalluri will be leaving on the 30th. So its just Me, Aditya, Kalyan and Vasu left. And worst of all, none of us has a car and none of us can drive either. Ashok started feeling bored at home and came to the university yesterday.

Yesterday was so boring that I finally decided to go to "Available" status in Yahoo Messenger! (after a long time). This reminds me of last winter when everybody left except Aditya and me. Aditya was in the hall and I was in the other room. I didn't know that he was in the house and he didn't know I was. He came to my room for something and saw me and said, "Oh! nuvvu ikkade vunnaavaa ??" and both of us started laughing...There were occasions when we used to sit in two rooms and chat with each other. Very depressing.. Isn't it? I know.

I don't want this summer to be boring. That is the main reason I am going to LA and San Diego for the Labor day weekend even though there is a LOT of work to do. Also scheduled my Java 1.5 Certification exam in a month to keep myself busy.. I am sure I am going to reschedule it as one month is too less time. I hope everybody shows interest in playing badminton/tennis/basketball or any game for that matter (esp. aditya who keeps saying "Abba..ippudu em adataam.. repu adadaam le"). Friday is the best day of my week as there are a lot of people playing cricket in front of Northrop, ofcourse if weather permits.

I hope I don't have to spend the summer sitting in my room with "Feeling Bored.. Anybody there?" status in Yahoo Messenger!

Yahoo LAUNCHCast 'Error code:27 - .rapi_common_js_composite_1_19'

After a long time I wanted to hear some songs on Yahoo LAUNCHcast. Every time I tried to open it, I was getting this strange error 'Error code:27 - .rapi_common_js_composite_1_19'. After Googling it, I found out that I have to allow pop-ups from *.yahoo.com for LAUNCHcast to play. I allowed the pop-ups in Tools->Pop-up Blocker->Pop-up Blocker Settings in the Internet Explorer. I also made the changes in the Yahoo pop-up blocker that comes with Yahoo toolbar.. Still facing the same problem. It was just getting irritating when I found out that Norton Internet Security 2003 had an inbuilt pop-up blocker with it. After turning off the NIS pop-up blocker, it worked!

It is surprising that I could not find any information in the Yahoo web site with the error code. May be they should have a list of Error codes and possible solutions some where!

J2ME Game Programming Resources

Good J2ME resources..

Articles

1.MIDP 2.0: The Game API (Good one)
2. MIDP 2.0 Games: a Step-by-Step Tutorial with Code Samples
3. J2ME Tutorial, Part 1: Creating MIDlets
4. J2ME Tutorial, Part 2: User Interfaces with MIDP 2.0

Free Books

1. J2ME and Gaming

Sample Games with Source Code (Tutorials)
1. MIDP 2.0: Introduction to the Game API v1.0
2. Game Animation with Java MIDP
2. 3-D Game Development
3. MIDP and Game UI
4. Multi-player MIDP Game Programming

Good Collection of Tutorials
1. Wireless Java and J2ME tutorials

Testing a Stapler!

A very common question in the interviews these days (esp. for a testing position) is "How would you test a XXXXX". Here is a link where Mike Kelley listed out 144 test cases to test a Stapler. In all my previous interviews, I never thought about "Parallel testing", "Usability testing" etc..

http://www.testingreflections.com/node/view/928