Earth Day Awareness

Earth Day, Friday, April 22, seemed to be much more prevalent in my mind this year as compared to other years. However, I wondered why.

Was it because I was more aware because of this class? Or was it because that as a society we are becoming more aware of the impact we have on earth? I pondered this idea for awhile and thought that it was a little bit of both.

As an active participant in this class and having to be held accountable to make a change has made this issue a forefront concern in my mind. Studying the impact of humans on our planet and environment and knowing the facts and implications of our lifestyles has been alarming. This has made me want to know more, study more, and become more aware of what I do in my day-to-day life.

The other piece, although I don't believe the awareness is where it should be, is that citizens are becoming more aware as well. I seen advertisements, blog updates, tips for being green and sharing of information across multiple sources in the cities and nationally. I think this is a good start. It needs to be increased and at a faster rate to really start changing things, but it was good to see.