Recently in Introductory Category

A Source of Inspiration

For years I've grown up with an increasing interest in screen printed posters. The first poster artists I began taking notice of were some local heads from the Twin Cities area, David Witt and Adam Turman. I was particularly drawn in not only because of the excellence in artwork, but because of the ties to people, places, and time it made.

Dwitt.jpg
DWITT (David Witt)

ATurman.jpg
Adam Turman

American poster art seems to have increased in popularity over the past few years. The internet provides instant connection for like minded poster creatives and printers. It has expanded to a global scale and spawned Flatstock by the American Printing Institute. An event to display primarily poster work to the public. GigPosters.com is a common online meeting ground for professionals in the field of printing, artists/designers, and those who are new to the whole game.

SHansen.jpg
ISO50 (Scott Hansen)

JayRyan.jpg
Jay Ryan

I was surprised when I found out that some of my favorite work was being printed nearby in Minneapolis headed by Mike Davis and Wes Winship of Burlesque of North America. It includes work by themselves, Todd Bratrud, Aaron Horkey and more!

Burlesque.jpg
Wes Winship and Mike Davis

TBratrud.jpg
Todd Bratrud

AHorkey.jpg
Aaron Horkey

There are so many poster artists I'd love to showcase, but I'll have to save it for later. Later!

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Introductory category.

Process is the next category.