Recently in Process Category

In Response: Chp. 2+3 of The Layout Book

In relation to Project Three I will essentially be working the design from the bottom up. I will be using landscape paintings that are referred to in the writing I am designing for in the second brief.

This includes painters of the Hudson River School, Frederic Edwin Church (primarily), John Frederick Kensett, and Sanford Robinson Gifford.

After these readings I will try and keep it simple due to time restraints and to emphasize the focus on the reading. The body copy will literally be framed like a piece of artwork "hung" in the space of the artwork treated as a real space.

Process: Culture Counts Poster Entry

StringFigure01.jpg

String figures have been used across all cultures to express ideas and concepts. A ring of multi-colored strings tied together represents the diversity of cultures. The hands work in cooperation by mimicking the binding knots and overall reinforcing the circle. This is a sign of unity and wholeness.

The main image derives itself from another concept. Below it is a series of hands that illustrate the actions necessary to develop cultural relationships. At the end is a looping symbol that suggests repetition. It is a reminder that this dialogue must be continued in order to maintain mutual understanding.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Process category.

Introductory is the previous category.

Reading Response is the next category.