Teach the Class

After the "Teach the Class" Presentation, what are you discovering about yourself in the group process (e.g., roles, communication process, social compentencies, motivation level, strengths, weaknesses, attitudes, critiques of others, regrets) and based on what you discovered, what will you do differently in future team projects?

This was an interesting approach to learning how to work in a group. The "Teach the Class" Presentations went well for all of the groups. Everyone seemed prepared and the material was directed toward informing the audience (our class) on various topics. This was a great opportunity to discover our leadership abilities and weaknesses. Overall, I feel that I am an effective leader when it relates to tasks on the job. I think when you know a lot about a particular subject you are better able to show your leadership abilities. I really enjoyed presenting on the topic of Total Quality Management, not only because it is a great topic, but doing the presentation in general.

I love making presentations, and trying to get people to learn. I believe that this is the reason that I want to teach or own my day care in the future. I think that I have a way of getting my point across to people and especially children. Children can see my excitement and become excited to learn the material. It is also very exciting to be able to show your presentation skills and at the same time develop new skills. I enjoy being able to think of new ways to learn. Besides, if you don't like what you are doing, and show that you don't like what you are doing, no one else will be interested.

As far as being a leader in this group, I think that in a way I was a leader. I was able to keep our team on task in many instances. We all contributed leadership qualities which made getting this project together a lot easier. There were times when I didn't know how well this would go, but it all worked in the end. I guess my strengths are being able to present in front of people and take information in a different direction based on past experience. For example, I decided at the last minute to go to the board and draw out a picture so that people could better understand what I was talking about in the presentation. I think that this was because I could read the faces of people either not understanding or getting bored. Being able to just think of this on the spot is a characteristic that a good leader should have.

As far as weaknesses, I was very nevous about presenting. My nervousness keeps me from making sure that things are said in an organized manner. Although, I must say I think I was a bit organized this time even though I was nervous. Other weaknesses include waiting to the last minute and not realizing that one of our group members was not present during the meetings. For the next presentation on webquest, I feel that we will be well prepared and I will make sure that I continue to remind everyone to stay focus even though I am not the official group leader this time around.

Knowing my strengths and weakness will better prepare me for the future. In order to stregthen myself, I must be able to see the whole picture and understand that everyone makes mistakes....No one is perfect. In the future, I will have to work on teams. Stepping up to various leadership positions now will make it a lot easier to take on more leadership roles in the future.

Posted by at November 10, 2005 1:23 PM