Mary Jane (Hem and Haw)

Have you been in a rut like Mary Jane (or Hem and Haw)? What strategies do you use or could you use to be more creative, be more adaptable to change, and improve your overall attitude and outlook?

I’m pretty sure that everyone has been in a situation similar to that of Mary Jane. There are many ways that you can get out of stressful situations. First, you must understand the issue that is stressing you out in the first place. I’m mean, if you don’t know what the problem is, how can you solve it? Stress can interfere with you ability to perform effectively. Having good stress management skills can make your life more enjoyable and healthy.

Once you discover the issue, you should surround yourself in a different atmosphere. Don’t just stay there and be stressed, find something more enjoyable. In cases when others are not motivated, do something about it. Try every technique in the book. Let them know that you are enjoying what you do. If you follow the FISH philosophy, honestly I think that you could actually overcome a lot of the stress that you are encountering. Just by going out of your way to help someone else, you can get away from the stress in your life and in the process, make someone else’s life a little bit easier (at least for that moment).

I think for the most part, I am adaptable to change. I think that I can pretty much go along with the flow but change things when I see necessary. This is a skill that you need in most job or careers as a matter of fact. It is important to get new experiences and think of creative ways to get things done successfully. No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. Just make sure that you learn from them and not continue to do the same thing over and over again.

In order to improve your overall attitude and outlook, you can take some time to write out your goals. If you made goals in the past, look at where you are now and determine if you are satisfied. Ask yourself, what you have accomplished. If you write out things you will have a better outlook on your future and will be more likely to stick to you goals you want to accomplish.

Posted by at December 6, 2005 8:04 AM