Jan 20: blog 1

I recently read the article "wrong surgery cases hit a high" in the Star Tribune. I chose to include this article because it had very interesting information. I haven't learned much about arguments yet so it's hard to tell exactly which ones the author is using on this article.
This article explores the figures released about last years incidents reported in Minnesota hospitals. The author explains that there were 26 incidents in which doctors preformed the wrong procedures on patients; the highest it's been in 10 years. These are considered apart of the increasd "never events" figures; events that are deemed prevntable. This figure went up from 305 last year to 316 this year.
Although I am not clear which argument techniques the author is using, it I clear he is opposed to these errors and finds the rise in figures unfortunate.