SarahMay Barta

This is SarahMay's blog ...

Ok..... i don't know if this is not working or not as i wrote something and it said it submitted but it doesn't seem to show up now that i have come back to recheck it. This is a test so hope it goes through.

Ok..... i don't know if this is not working or not as i wrote something and it said it submitted but it doesn't seem to show up now that i have come back to recheck it. Ok so this is a test so hope it goes through.

P.S. Reposting this to my Journal ... somehow it got on John Fischer's on the first week journal.
bart0704 | September 12, 2010 11:02 PM | Reply

anyways....... i am excited about this class. I have never done anything or documented anything with film. I usually have been the one in front of the camera instead of the one behind it during my years of doing volunteer work and being part of an NGO. Sooooo this should be a great learning experience.

Speaking of documenting/ film making etc. I've had to baby sit my sisters cat while she is away in New Jersey for part of her Internship. Her cat, Mr. Sparkles has been quite the gazel. Has anyone seen a cat that can jump 5ft. across and 3ft high??? I wish i could have caught Mr. Sparkles on film, it would have made some pretty funny clips. Hopefully i will be able to catch him in action again.

Another thing, has anyone ever gone on line and bought any computer equipment like an external hard drive before???? I mean i bet an online company would have to package something like that pretty good. But the reason i ask is because i don't have a car. I was looking on line to save me the trouble but didn't know if anyone has ever had any problems with any computer hardware that they have ordered.

Soo........... this week i met up with an old friend that i haven't seen in while since he was in town. It was great to see him and it was great catching up a bit. The reason i write this is because as much as things get really screwed up in life i have always tried to keep a positive out look, and have tried over and over again to have faith in people.
My question to anyone who wants to answer is: How much or how many times do you still keep having faith in a person????
The reason i ask is because this friend has such a great heart but after all he has been through when is enough, enough?? How many times does he need to keep forsaking old bad decisions or habits to move forward but still lapsing back into them again???

May be i am too forgiving.... or may it is the "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" mentality i keep trying to live.

Woooo...... this has sure been a week, assignments really piling up and getting back into the swing of keeping up with time management for all my classes.
The interesting thing is amidst all the craziness i have bumped into some friends i haven't seen in awhile -- gives you that great happy feeling after a long week!!!! It makes you appreciate all the little things, little moments.
I guess its great that some friends, even if you haven't known them that long, seem to be able to pick off since you've last seen them - as if time stood still. I say this as some friends like this are few are far between especially when we all have different and busy schedules.
I guess i am just a bit disappointed in people saying they understanding being a full time student with a busy class and work schedule. I guess i got to stay on the bright side more, and not so on the negative.

Well, to change the subject a bit my brother had his birthday on Saturday. Its so weird seeing my siblings growing up(nine including me).... they change a lot. I say this as i have being leaving home - back and forth - since i was 11 years old, so i have not been around my siblings a whole lot growing up.

Anyways, i was wondering if anyone has decided on going to which SPARK events on which days???? It seems most event are later during the day... teaming up could be cool if anyone is interested. Needless to say .... I'm haven't quite figured which ones best to go to.

Its been a tough week, toward the end mainly i came down with a head cold, fever, dizziness, and a running nose.

It has been one of those weeks where things turn into a blur and you just feel if you could feel a lot better instead of every minute wishing things didn't feel so tired, worn out, and sick. (Hopefully no one else got sick this week. If you have hope you get better.)

I hope next week will turn out better as i am slowing getting back on my feet. I guess i got to keep thinking that things will be better and they will, just got to be patient. :)

This week has been really tough, not a lot of sleep, been studying for two Midterms on Monday. it has been a bit stressful, but I can say that making the picture like a film in scenes was pretty interesting.

it wasn't exactly easy going a back and forth between acting in the pictures and taking the pictures at the same time. I can say it was fun and interesting to see what everyone came up with as far as scenarios etc.

I hope the next thing assignment is as fun and easy to do to. I can't wait. Hoping Gigi is having fun in China..... yum all that great food!!!

This has been a crazy week, full of adrenaline. I say this is as everything went so fast. I felt like i everything swooped by really fast this week, and i was just along for the ride and just woke up. Someone pinch me!!!!

This also being the week for halloween was pretty interesting as i think a lot more people went all out on costumes or not at all. Ha! I haven't done much things for Halloween in other countries so having the full swing of them back in the States is pretty cool - a time to break out of the weekly modes so to speak for all ages.

Talking with my some of my family, who at the moment live in Taiwan, was pretty cool too as i feel i have to switch my mode from being here to whats going on over there as well -- all my lil bro's and sis's are not so little any more. My youngest sis is turning 14 this coming Tuesay-- yikes!!!

Its been a really really tough week. All i can say is that being in the hospital 4 out of 5 days - not fun and I'm glad that i was able to make it.
Even though it makes getting around a little harder it was cool to wake up to a white winter land Saturday morning. I don't think i will ever get used to snow no matter how long i have been back to Minnesota.

It was cool to see the different projects that we saw on Thursday. Everyone has a different style or way to interpret things and that definitely came out in the assignment. Wow!!

Well despite it being a white slushy weekend it was great being able to paint up a storm especially with the interesting way the light bounces of and through the snow - kinda like prism.

Anyways with the new assignment that is coming up is feels exciting and a bit jumpy. Hopefully it will turn out well. :)

Long Thanksgiving............. I am my bf didn't end up at my grandparents as we had car trouble and then I was sick with food poisoning or something the rest of the week.

I am glad i had a small pre-thanksgiving at my aunts Wednesday night. It was great because it made up for not being able to see the rest of my cousins, grandparents, and other aunts and unlces for thanksgiving. I was able to spend Saturday morning with my gran as she drove out from Jordan - a girls day.

I hope everyone else had a good thanksgiving and made it to their relatives safely. It's cool to be back in the states celebrating Thanksgiving as growing we weren't able to always do that.

It was great to feel like i was getting back on my feet again this week. Having a virus attack your nerve system/ equilibrium is not fun but the meds and the extra rest has helped.

It was nice to be compile our group project in time before the snow storm. And even though I got snowed in it gave me time to really concentrate on doing stuff and studying for my other finals.

Reflectively I think this class gave me perspective that you don't have to be tied to only a couple areas of arts. i have been told that I could do many things and i don't have to be tied to one field of expertise. But in the long run what i really needed to do was concentrate more on fine tuning and not spread myself so thin.

I have always loved technology, computerized stuff etc. but have been a bit unsure on how to go about it. I am not one to always get the gist of computers and up coming programs/software. Growing up I didn't always have a computer or laptop available to use. May be that is why I have been a bit computer shy or felt left behind about it.

It was a bonus having Gigi as a teacher as some other classes i have seen the teacher sometimes talked a different lingo and only the nerdy or computer savvy students would do well.
This class has changed my perspective on that and because of that i am the 3XXX level of this class - Experimental Video next semester. I guess you can never know what to expect when going to University. You have to not let a couple teachers or experiences hinder your thinking and wanting to learn.