These are some images/designs to go on my corsets

designs.jpg

Working

I am currently working on the digital designs that I am going to sew onto the corset. I want them to look somewhat abstract. I am thinking about making designs, printing them onto the silk paper, cutting them into strips, and sewing them onto the corsets similar to the lines that the corset already has.

Designs

Here are some images I'm experimenting with. I like the abstractness of the last photo with the birdcage. I want to incorporate a bird cage or a modified rib image to symbolize the constraints placed on the women who wear corsets.

RibsCorset.jpg

corsetCage copy.jpg

corsetCageabstract.jpg

More Corset Designs

corsetTrio copy.jpg

RibsBird.jpg

greenCage.jpg

Working

I am currently printing the designs I'm creating onto the silk printer fabric. I am playing around with different sizing and colors to see what looks best. Once I have all the images exactely how I want them, I will print them all out and start applying them to the corsets.

Ideas

For my display in the Tweed, I will have 3 corsets set on stands that I will get probably from an antique shop. The corsets will be set up about 2 feet from the wall, so that people can see both the front and back of them. Behind the corsets will be 3 posters hung up on the wall. The posters will be mostly designs, corset related. I am working on making the posters now.

Corsets: Works in Progress

corset1.jpg

corset2.jpg

corset3.jpg

corset4.jpg

corset5.jpg

corset7.jpg

Here are two designs that I printed out on silk fabric. Then I sewed the silk onto the corsets below.

skulldesign.jpg

cutout4.jpg

skull1.jpg

skull2.jpg

skull3.jpg

cutout2.jpg

cutout3.jpg

cutout1.jpg

Tweed Museum Pictures

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Recent Assets

• 7.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 1.jpg
  • cutout3.jpg
  • cutout2.jpg
  • cutout1.jpg