Today's the Day!

IMG_0034.JPG

We are so excited to present the Britten War Requiem today! We've had several nights of intense rehearsal and what we've been working on sounds amazing! The concert will begin with a semi-lecture to talk through this amazingly intricate piece and after a short intermission, the War Requiem will begin.

I personally have found it incredibly touching to be performing this piece both on German and American soil with both German and Americans. I can't help but shiver when baritone, Phillip Zawisza, sings, "I am the enemy you killed my friend..." Here I am sitting next to a German student from Detmold, Felix, who would be considered an enemy of America only sixty some years ago and yet, I consider him my new friend. I hope you all get to experience with us this incredibly moving piece whether today in Minneapolis or Saturday and Sunday in the Quad Cities.

-Zachary Colby, Master's in Vocal Performance

This page contains a single entry by colby055 published on March 1, 2012 8:03 AM.

Conductor Mark Russell Smith Interviewed on Classical Minnesota Public Radio was the previous entry in this blog.

Bravi! is the next entry in this blog.