This position can either be a combined position or held by separate organist and choir directors. Please indicate whether you are interested in the combined position or as either organist or choir director.
Persons holding the interim position(s) are eligible to be considered a candidate for the permanent position(s), if they so wish.
This position coordinates the music used in all worship services, oversees care of the church's musical instruments, and involves as many people as possible at UBC. The music coordinator will work with the Pastor, Worship Planning ministry team, and any other groups of people to plan the music for worship. We are a Welcoming and Affirming church and plan our services from this perspective. We use inclusive language. This person will play the tracker organ and other instruments as called upon for service and rehearsals. This position is tentatively scheduled to last from October 1, 2013 to Jan 1, 2014.
Worship service - Sunday - 10:00 a.m.; choir rehearsal - 9:15 a.m.
Choir rehearsal - Wednesdays - 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Compensation: Commensurate with Twin Cities AGO scale for ¼ time position
1. Coordinates the music program of the church, including the choir, soloists, and any other musicians.
2. Works with the Worship Planning team and the pastor to help select music appropriate to the worship themes. Provides church office with details of musical selections for bulletins by given deadlines.
3. Plays music (organ and piano) for all worship services and choir practice.
4. Conducts choir practice and Sunday service performances.
5. Coordinates the tuning and maintenance of instruments, as needed.
6. Develops the musical skills of the members of the choir through rehearsals, coaching, mentoring and appropriate feedback.
7. Helps coordinate special services that may be in addition to regular worship; this may include funerals, weddings, or other important holy days.
8. Arranges for substitutes in his/her absence.
9. Performs other duties as may be requested or required.
1. Good interpersonal skills, able to work with others (both professional and volunteers) in a respectful and professional manner
2. Ability to direct and develop a choir
3. Ability to play the tracker organ and piano
4. Knowledge of music as it relates to worship
5. Strong oral and written communication skills
6. Demonstrated experience as a strong team member
Please indicate your interest in this position by sending a letter of intent, resume, and references to University Baptist Church, 1219 University Ave. SE, Mpls., MN 55414 by Saturday, Sept. 14.