« Bike Lanes | Main | Phenomena »

My Meaningful Place

When thinking of a meaningful place, I thought of the time I spent overseas. I traveled to the U.A.E. during my senior year of high school (2005) and it was an amazing place. Everything there seemed to fascinate me, from the people to the buildings to the natural landscape. One night we, went on a tour through the dessert. Sounds kind of crazy, but we got to fly off of dunes in our SUV. Being out in the middle of nowhere gave me a tranquil, relaxed attitude. I couldn't think of anything but how big the dessert was. It went on and on for miles. When the night settled, everything was simple. I use the word simple because there were no televisions being tuned, or no stock market analyzing, the life there was in its own time. I have a lot of appreciation for this place, because I was so relaxed in a foreign land. The sand was so fine, it was just like beach sand through my toes. The genius loci can be described by the people who worked at this camp in the dessert. The hold the energy and spirit of this place, because live this way everyday. Every morning they woke up to a enormous sunrise over the dunes. These people that worked here got to experience life’s little pleasures that we don't get to experience all the time in our everyday lives.

LastScan me in des size EDITED FOR UPLOAD.jpg