Divorce | Main | The Unscheduled Task

The Man in the Glass

Download file

How are The Man in the Glass and the character of Silky in Kit's Wilderness alike?

Posted by at November 13, 2005 11:52 PM | Kit's Wilderness

The character in your story is only real if you believe in him. SIlky - likewise, is an apparition - until he appears to you. My question is - since you believe the man in the glass exists, do you also think spirits such as Silky exist?

Posted by: Mary F. Wright at November 14, 2005 3:11 PM

I think that they are both alike in that they can haunt our dreams and our waking moments. However, Silky is a less threatening character than the man in the glass.

Posted by: Robin at November 15, 2005 5:01 PM

I feel like both characters may scare us because we cannot catch them or talk to them. We never really know what they are doing or thinking. The most frightening movies are not those which are gorey, but rather, are the ones in which the killer watches his prey unnoticed. We become afraid for the characters on screen when we see the "bad guy" lurking near them, knowing something bad will happen and they have no warning.

Posted by: Sandy at November 15, 2005 10:30 PM

I think that the Man in the Mirror and Silky are the same in the way that they are transparent. They are there next to you but you only notice them when then are going or they are gone. I find the Man in the Mirror to be a little bit more scary because he can harm you. The Man in the Mirror was real but Silky is a spirit or a ghost. They can both leave a mark on your mind but only one can physically harm you.

Posted by: Kimberly at November 16, 2005 9:25 AM

The main correlation I see between the Man and Silky is their illusiveness. Both are able to be seen but at the same time not. The intentions they both possessed on the other hand were very different. The man was there for perversion and other bad intentions unknown while Silky is merely a helpful guide, an almost friend-like character. Both scare me slightly, but the Man takes the cake for being the creepiest individual I have heard about in a while.

Posted by: Nate Miller at November 27, 2005 6:16 PM

The man in the glass and silky are alike in a few ways. First off, both of these characters are somewhat "invisable" to the human eye but just knowing that their presents are there in other ways knows they are with you. I feel that they both can be scary at times but the man in the glass is much more haunting than silky. I loved being able to see the correlation between these two different but at the same time characters!

Posted by: Brittany at December 5, 2005 2:56 PM

Fear of the unknown. Fear of what we can't see or touch. Fear of what may cause harm. And finally fear of what we don't have control of. I think Silky and the Man in the Glass are alike in these ways. Fear dominates their presence, but we are less threatened by Silky because we know he is just a spirit, but still, the fear exists because we are unsure of what his presence means. When is it normal to have a strange man watching you from your window, I would guess never, but do we accept a spirit in our dreams, because in our dreams anything is possible, and yet uncontrollable?

Posted by: Erin at December 6, 2005 9:30 AM