The Unscheduled Task | Main | A Fall Encounter

The Wild-erness

Kit's Wild-erness

Is there a way we can intersect other worlds? If so - who is able to do this and how? What would the purpose be?

Posted by at November 15, 2005 1:56 PM | Kit's Wilderness

I believe that if a person truly wants to look into other worlds it is possible. I think anyone can coerce themselves into thinking what they believe in, is real. This is not to say that alternate worlds do not exist, but that it is difficult to distinguish between those that are fabrications of our minds and those that are real. Fortune tellers, ghost hunters, and mind readers seem to be the most commonly known types of people who attempt to cross into parallel worlds, but there are many more. If there is a universal purpose, it would be that humans are constantly trying to understand their world, so why not try to understand other worlds which we know little to nothing about?

Posted by: Sandy at November 15, 2005 10:40 PM

I think that we can intersect other worlds as lond as we are open mentally and emotionally to do so. We need to beleive in what we are doing and be able to comprehend the complexity of another world overlapping ours. I think that if a person can acheive this, they can intermingle quite effectively.
A reason to do this is to not only understand our world better by seeing it from another perspective or through a different lense, but to also understand ourselves more completely and with more depth as we too have multiple dimensions that make up who we are.

Posted by: Robin at November 16, 2005 5:01 PM

First off-- your video scared me, Mary. : )

I think many people intersect with other worlds. When sitting around telling stories, many people feel as though they've had true experiences with ghosts or spirits not of our world. I do believe it takes an open mind and an open heart to interpret these things as supernatural, but they happen to many people. I think truly attempting to contact another world either requires true sorrow at the passing of a loved one to another world, or true bravery, at attempting to cross a line many fear.

Posted by: Randi at November 17, 2005 8:47 AM

When I think of interacting and seeing "other worlds" I go to my own. I think no matter how much we see this world through our eyes and the eyes of others, the "other worlds" idea is soley based on what WE as individuals perceive, and the way it makes us feel. When we tell someone of a "different world exsperience" everyone puts it into their own frame of mind, and sees something completely different then when what the actual teller has viewed. In doing this, we see the vague description of the teller, but we can relate it to an exsperience WE have had that is similar, and in doing that, we recollect the world we ourselves have viewed.
The purpose in viewing these worlds is to take ourselves away from the regualar routine of every day life. This other world could be dream, imagination, or anything that we want to involve in our own "worlds".

Posted by: Brian Reed at November 20, 2005 7:34 PM

I truly believe there is a spiritual realm and that it can be tapped into using various means or devices. There is documentation of known posessions and strange un-worldly occurances happen all the time. Although you could claim these are merely coincidental, the victims or individuals involved in spiritial happenings would say on the contrary. I feel if one is willing to dig deep enough into a spirital side, whether good or evil, they will eventual encounter the unexplained. From being an attendee of a church for the last 20 years, I have heard countless stories from missionaries and other folks doing spiritual work talking about instances where something supernatural occured. The spiritual realm both scares and intrigues me. Maybe someday I will study it more, when I feel I'm more prepared and ready to do so.

Posted by: Nate Miller at November 27, 2005 6:28 PM

The supernatural. Other worlds. Spirits. I have to wonder why I haven't been a part of these worlds. But then again those that believe say that you have to open yourself up to receive such an occurance. I vaguely remember my grandfather telling this story to my mother and her sisters about when he was in the hospital. My grandfather is not a big believer in the supernatural, spirits, or even God, though he went to church, he was unsure. But the night he was on his "death bed" he truly believes that he saw "the light" as many would call it, but was told it "wasn't his time." Now these are cliche sayings, but I stop to wonder why he would make anything like this up. So then I go back to my question of why I havn't been a part of this world? I think maybe there is some truth in needing to open yourself up to such experiences. My grandfather was at his most vulnerable of states and "saw the light." It could be that I am not willing to become so vulnerable, or even I am scared to experienced the unexplained. I think maybe the spiritual world chooses those they can trust and goes for it... I think maybe they don't want someone like me having such an experience because I wouldn't appreciate it as much as the other person. In any case I believe there is some supernatural force, I just haven't seen evidence of it yet.

Posted by: Erin at December 6, 2005 9:40 AM

Yes, I believe that there are methods that people can use to intersect worlds. Supernatural experts and researchers have been known to cross into other worlds by means of seances, exorcisms, etc. Many times the reasons for these are because the individual wants to help a spirit cross over, understand the meaning behind something, or to assist someone in the living world. I would never want to be able to cross over into another world because I wouldn't know how to handle it, however, it is a truly fascinating thing to learn about when others achieve it.

Posted by: Rachel at December 18, 2005 11:32 AM

This is cool, you have to try it. I guessed 70815, and this game guessed it! See it here - http://www.funbrain.com/guess/

Posted by: Allison Trump at May 22, 2006 8:44 PM