The Wild-erness | Main | Hold My Hand

A Fall Encounter

Download file

Just as Grandpa and Kit were able to see the dead, if you were given the choice between being able to see and communicate with the dead or not, which would you choose? Why? Do you feel it is something we were meant to see?

Posted by at November 17, 2005 9:00 AM | Kit's Wilderness

I would like to be able to see spirits of the dead...not zombies!...haha...but yes I actually wish I could CHOOSE which spirits I could see, and talk to. The only problem with this, is what if I was walking down the street talking to a past spirit, and someone saw me, they would think I was bonkers. But being able to talk to spirits woul be interesting, and it would be a good way to communicate with people that have passed that you love, but at the same time could drive you to madness, not being able to hold them.

Posted by: Brian Reed at November 21, 2005 9:33 AM

Ooooh, that is a tricky one. After a lot of thought, I have come to the conclusion that even though it is incredibly tempting to want to be able to communicate with the spirits of our lost loved ones, I do not believe this would be a wise decision for me.
We mourn the deaths of others because they are no longer living on earth and we will never again be able to see or speak to them again while we are alive, except for in our dreams and in our memories. I believe if I were able to communicate with the dead, it would be too emotionally traumatic and very much like a rollercoaster of feelings. On the one hand, it would be amazing to be able to talk to them again, however, I would also be constantly aware that they are really not alive and never will be again. It would be like living in a time warp and parts of my life would not feel real. Also like Brian said, it would be absolutely torturous not to be able to hold them and to have to be continuously reminded that they are no longer living.
Also, I have a feeling that I would be an individual who may become so caught up with being able to communicate with spirits that I might stop living my own life to the fullest. So while I can definitely see how wonderful and intriguing communicating with the dead could be, I think the negative aspects outweigh the positive for me.

Posted by: Rachel Skelton at November 22, 2005 9:56 PM

I think that I would like to see the dead and be able to communicate with them because I just lost my nephew and he was only 6 months old. I would just like to see if he is okay. I didn't really get a chance to say good-bye. So in this sence I would like to do that. Alot of people loose their loved ones and they feel like they don't have closure so I think that if people could communicated with the ones that passed then everyone would live healthier lifes and they wouldn't have the constant worry of what happened or are they okay. I don't think that it is meant to see because I don't see Camdon and I really wish that I could. But in that case if I could see spirits than I think everyone should so I wouldn't be the one singled out. People would be coming to me asking questions and even people would think that I was crazy. So I would like to see them if it was secret or if everyone saw them.

Posted by: Kimberly at November 30, 2005 11:41 AM

The idea of seeing and communicating with the dead was something I had always wanted because of the closure and comfort they could bring. I was recently digging through my elementary folders and found a "Wish Paper." In sixth grade, we each had to make a wish and write about it--and my wish was that my friend Corinne would be able to see her late brother again. I don't think I exactly viewed him being a ghost, but more so, being an angel and coming down to be with her as a human being. And I used to write letters to my great-grandma when I was young because I had questions I wanted answered. Some of the questions I asked then had to do with the stories she would tell me and what Heaven was like, but the questions I would ask now would more so do with the decisions I am currently making in my life. I do believe that there are ghosts and angels, but I believe that there are people who are meant to see them at certain times in their lives, and people who don't need to see them--who find the comfort and closure in some other way throughout their lives. And I guess I will just have to wait to see if I am one of those people.

Posted by: Jamie at December 5, 2005 12:08 PM

Communicating with the dead...this is a tough one, but I think that I have decided I am not ready for that sort of power or spiritual ability. I need to be able to try and effectively communicate with people that are living first. I think that if given the opportunity I wouldn't know what to say, let alone know what to do with the information exchanged. I would want to be able to want to have a true connection with those that have passed and would want to give them my full attention and I am not ready to possess that kind of ability. This is probably an unconventional answer, but no, I am not ready for that responsibility.

Posted by: Erin at December 6, 2005 9:45 AM