« A Wreath for Emmett Till by Marilyn Nelson and Philippe Lardy | Main | Keesha's House by Helen Frost »

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

littleprincel.gifFew stories are as widely read and as universally cherished by children and adults alike as The Little Prince. Richard Howard's new translation of the beloved classic-published to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's birth-beautifully reflects Saint-Exupéry's unique and gifted style. Howard, an acclaimed poet and one of the preeminent translators of our time, has excelled in bringing the English text as close as possible to the French, in language, style, and most important, spirit. The artwork in this new edition has been restored to match in detail and in color Saint-Exupéry's original artwork. By combining the new translation with restored original art, Harcourt is proud to introduce the definitive English-language edition of an aviator whose plane is forced down in the Sahara Desert encounters a little man from a small planet who describes his adventures in the universe seeking the secret of what is really important in life.

Posted by at July 27, 2006 9:23 PM | Fall 2006 | Little Prince

I LIKE THE STORY

Posted by: ELLEN MAE at December 5, 2007 9:48 PM

I was confused by the book

Posted by: Anonymous at February 11, 2008 1:53 PM

THE BEST BOOK ON THE WORLD!!!!!

Posted by: deathORlife at October 5, 2008 6:28 AM

je suis une de ces fanes c'est un beau livre j'en rafolle surtout du petit prince

Posted by: dubuisson larah at February 1, 2009 1:48 PM

I love that book I am only 9 and I love this book I am getting a new series of all the books that you made so keep up the good work!

Posted by: tay at September 23, 2009 12:03 AM

your awesome

Posted by: misty at September 23, 2009 12:04 AM

yfhjgjugutigi

Posted by: Anonymous at July 17, 2010 3:12 AM

i really love the book.
first, you might think it was so childish.. but as i read the story by and by.. the impact of the moral lesson were intact.. great..!

Posted by: april at July 29, 2010 8:59 PM

Adding comments that improve the conversation and that will not repeat what has already been said is very important. At the same time, having a newer blog along with a smaller community, I still always appreciate even just about the most simple comments similar to "I really enjoyed the following post", "thanks for currently talking about this topic" etc...it is usually nice to be reassured that men appreciate what you're crafting. This may be less acceptable important for bigger, more popular blogs and forums.

Posted by: Cliff Koba at January 15, 2011 1:14 AM

Un clásico que siempre viene bien leerlo otra vez.

Posted by: Profecom traducciones at January 18, 2011 5:57 AM