The College Experience

Being a student-athlete here at the University of Minnesota is no easy task. My name is Natalie Neal and I'm a native Texan who moved 1000 miles away to play the sport that she loves: softball. It has taken me the better part of a week to figure out where all my classes are located and what's the best way to get there. One of the biggest adjustments I've had to make is how to plan a day ahead about how I'm going to get to class: whether I can wait and ride the bus or if I need to ride my bike or walk. It's an ordeal all on its own.
But when I'm not having to figure this college thing out I enjoy going to the Golden Gopher football games and other sporting events. Being a student-athlete is advantageous in this matter; we get to most sporting events for free. I love to read, especially when it's cold outside. And to me, cold is anything below 50 degrees. Boy, am I in for a rude awakening. I'm having to live in the dorms this year which isn't fun but it's a way for me to get to meet new people especially since my hall is having ResNet issues.
While I am nervous about some of the adjustments I will have to make over the course of this year, I'm excited to being a new life somewhere other than where I've grown up all my life.