General Thoughts and Ideas
If anyone wants more information on blogging, there is a good reference in Wikipedia:
It might be helpful if people could post their areas for discussion pertaining to their particular unit. I have added some ideas to the Imaging Lab category for example. While this forum was created to discuss the hierarchy of the AR/T, it might translate well as a general forum for discussion about other topics of interest to the merging of the colleges.
• Thoughts on service to both campuses or on both campuses
• Levels of service provided, specialties
• Technical capabilities
• Services that are provided or that might be necessary in the merging of the colleges
• Degree programs within the new college which might find these services useful
• Links to the Imaging Lab Website
• Required course for new students on proper lighting and basic photographic techniques
It would be nice to have a separate blog where students in degree programs from both campuses could weigh-in on issues of service, or with questions.
DHA/CALA Merger thoughts – Questions for creating the org chart: Please feel free to add questions as you think of them.
With two campuses, how do we structure these interactions
What are our day-to-day AR/T interactions going to look like?
For whom will these interactions increase?
For whom will these interactions be virtually non-existent?
How will the students utilize the different services offered by the different units?
These are some initial thoughts. I will be submitting the answers to these thoughts in my next few postings. One of my professors, Arthur Harkins, in my grad program has invented a process called Storytech, which is helpful in futurecasting and transitional change.