Searching for New Zealand

I have just spent the past 2 hours searching the internet for information about New Zealand. We are supposed to be "getting to know" our country, city, or state for Graphic Design 4, and with any luck by the time I am done with this project I will be a Kiwi at heart. I have sadly become dependent and acceptant of Wikipedia as a valid informational source. I also explored www.newzealand.com, which obviously has lots of good tourist information. One thing that I found to a surprisingly good source for images is Facebook (I suppose it's time to admit that Facebook has done a few good things for me). There is a New Zealand group, where people have posted tons of images. I also spent quite a bit of time browsing my so-to-be brother-in-law's profile page where he has posted a lot of photos from his semester abroad there. He and my sister will both be excellent sources for the project.

And, I am drinking a coke right now. If there was ever a semester that could addict me to caffeine, it will be this one!

D. Brien's = D. Licious

After class this afternoon I met Erik downtown for lunch. We went to D. Brien's Deli in the skyway and I had a great sandwich. Erik's been telling me that it's a good choice for a skyway lunch because the food is good and fresh, and the prices are reasonable. $5.99

Splurge for cooking

Last night my sweetie and I made a trip to Kowlaski's and South Lyndale Liquors to collect some necessities for dinner. We made chicken marsala with a twist, which included a few ingredients we did not have on hand. I am usually a fairly thrifty shopper, but as we continue to cook and continue to get better at it, we have decided that fresh, quality ingredients are something that it worth spending the money on.

At Kowlaski's: focaccia bread, a pint of yogurt, mascarpone cheese, onion, garlic, chicken breasts, bananas (not for the marsala), cremini mushrooms, and dark chocolate gelatto (let's just say I needed it!). $32.44

At South Lyndale Liquors: one bottle of dry marsala wine and a bottle of Malbec from Argentina. I have found that marsala is much too sweet, so we had to buy the Malbec to drink with the meal. $16.22

Surprisingly enough the rest of the night was not filled with the usual TV show or movie, but rather we ended up in an extended political debate. I also was able to collect a fair amount of garbage in the cooking aftermath!